Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Itdweeb99
Influencer
Liked: never

Prompted for disk 1 during upgrade??

Post by Itdweeb99 »

Hello,

I am upgrading from backup and replication 10a to version 12. I have an on premise server that I just upgraded and the upgrade went through successfully. Now I'm trying to upgrade the server that I replicate to in the cloud and during step 2 of 6 (upgrading veeam backup and replication console), it prompts me to instert disk 1. What is it talking about?? If I hit ok, it doesn't even prompt me for a path, it just asking me again for disk 1. If I hit cancel - same thing, it just continues to ask for disk 1. Now I'm in a huge dilemma as I don't want to just kill the upgrade and risk my whole install being corrupt. I have a case open with Veeam but still have yet to hear anything. Veeam case ID is 07142303
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Prompted for disk 1 during upgrade??

Post by Mildur »

Hello Itdweeb99

Please continue to work with support on this issue.
I can see from the case notes that you have already made progress after the webex session.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Prompted for disk 1 during upgrade??

Post by Andreas Neufert »

It was reported that the setup could not elevate to "as administrator" and therefore failed. Maybe some group policies or so prevented this.
Starting the setup manually "as administrator" led to a clean setup run.