- Posts: 32
- Liked: 8 times
- Joined: Sep 27, 2016 6:59 pm
We are looking at transitioning from Veritas to Veeam, as we also move to updated Hyper-V host hardware. Since we are new to Veeam, I thought I'd ask here.
To be backed up
Two 2012R2 hyper-V hosts
- 2 CPUs each
- 10GbE NICs
- Approx 40 VMs (2003R2SP2, 2008R2, 2012R2)
- Approx total data is ~10TB.
Plan is for a dedicated backup box as follows
2012R2 w/Hyper-V box
- 10GbE NIC
- Act as Offhost Proxy
- Backup repository on a 30TB SATA RAID JBOD direct-attached to this box.
- 2012R2 VM on this backup box to contain the Veeam Backup Server, etc. roles.
DR/Offsite backup method
RPO less than 1 week preferred. Can we do combination of weekly full backups to tape (e.g. LTO-7) AND cloud (e.g., Amazon) backup of daily incrementals for way to achieve 1-2 day RPO?
If not, how would we achieve that kind of RPO using offsite backups?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 18114
- Liked: 1536 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Yes, you can. I also suggest looking at Cloud Connect for cloud backups.TGacs wrote:Can we do combination of weekly full backups to tape (e.g. LTO-7) AND cloud (e.g., Amazon) backup of daily incrementals for way to achieve 1-2 day RPO?
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 14 guests