Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RRStefan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stefan Klages

QNAP TS-431XU as Veeam Repository - regularly no access for Veeam

Post by RRStefan »

QNAP TS-431XU with additional 10GBit Ethernet card
Firmware: 4.3.6.0883 (already running different versions)
Veeam B & R 9.5 Update 4 on 2008R2

Hello,
The above mentioned NAS will be used for a Veeam repository. Connection in Veeam as "Network Attached Storage" / CIFS Repository as part of a Scale Out Repository. Connection runs via a separate iP circle via 10GBit connection.

Initially, the connection was made via an AD account (NAS is a domain member). It always came back to the situation that the access from Veeam (Windows UNC access no problem most of the time) did not work (access denied, about every 2 days,
NAS Reboot fixes the problem). After a few searches on the internet, I always found the recommendation to use a local QNAP account instead.

After made this change, the error occurs less often (every 2-4 days), but is still very present. Rebooting the NAS every 2 days is not a very nice solution.

How can this issue be resolved? Has anyone gained experience?

Many Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: QNAP TS-431XU as Veeam Repository - regularly no access for Veeam

Post by foggy »

Hi Stefan, I'd recommend contacting support for a closer look. This is not a sort of expected behavior.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: QNAP TS-431XU as Veeam Repository - regularly no access for Veeam

Post by Gostev »

This looks like some QNAP-specific issue to me. The easiest way to troubleshoot would be to try and use a share on some Windows computer as a test. If you don't have the same issues there, then contact QNAP support.