marc.rousseau
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: marc.rousseau

Question about new SQL Explorer feature

Post by marc.rousseau »

Hello,

Just a few question about new Veeam SQL Explorer restore features :

- With v7 SQL wizard, I was able to restore SQL with a "table" granularity . With v8 we loose this granularity ? we can only restore database not tables ? Am I missing something or is there a way with v8 to restore only a table ?

- About staging SQL server for "point in time restore" :
Should I install a real SQL server or SQL express embedded with Veeam server is able to support this feature ? if not :
Do you recommend to install SQL on a separate server or installing SQL on Veeam Server is OK ? if yes :
Is there a procedure to migrate Veeam database from SQL Express to freshly installed SQL ?
What about disk space sizing for SQL transaction logs, can you recommend a way to calculate space needed ?

Thank you
Marc
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Question about new SQL Explorer feature

Post by veremin »

Am I missing something or is there a way with v8 to restore only a table ?
Request SQL UAIR by opening a ticket with our support team.
Do you recommend to install SQL on a separate server or installing SQL on Veeam Server is OK ?
It can be either way.
Is there a procedure to migrate Veeam database from SQL Express to freshly installed SQL ?
You can perform SQL in-place upgrade.
What about disk space sizing for SQL transaction logs, can you recommend a way to calculate space needed ?
It depends on how active your database is.

Thanks.