Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MoranJ2000
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joseph Moran

Question about SureBackup

Post by MoranJ2000 »

Hi.

I'm hoping someone can answer a question re: SureBackup.

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with VBR (10a). I'm running it on a Hyper-V Host where I have two guest VMs (a DC and a file server), and I'm trying to configure a SureBackup Job in order to verify that these VMs are recoverable.

Per the online docs, I created my Application group encompassing these VMs, then a Virtual Lab, and finally a SureBackup job.

What has me confused is that when I look at the Properties of the SureBackup Job, the Virtual Lab reports 4 total VMs, with 2 running. But as mentioned above, I only have the pair of VMs. I've gone back over the docs and my settings and can't seem to find where it's getting 4 total VMs from.

Unless it's referring to my production VMs + my backups for each?

If anyone can give me a sanity check on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Joe
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Question about SureBackup

Post by Gostev »

Perhaps you populated your SureBackup job with the same VMs from your Application Group?
MoranJ2000
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Joseph Moran

Re: Question about SureBackup

Post by MoranJ2000 »

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I did put the Application Group, which contains both my VMs, into the SureBackup job. My understanding of the docs https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100was that creating an AG was a prerequisite for a SureBackup job.

I also tried NOT putting the AG in the SureBackup job and instead using a linked job (one backup job containing both VMs). But when I do that the SureBackup Job reports the same thing-- 4 total VMs, 2 running VMs.

This is what has me confused. I feel like I'm missing something here, but not sure what...