baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

question about veeam license

Post by baber »

Hi

i have 2 question:

1- want to know if i buy Veeam Backup & Replication with Enterprise Plus licens is that include with veeam agent fo windows and linux or had to buy separate?

2- in Calculate your instance licensing page it shows 10 instances required is that means if i buy one license it will be apply for 10 cpu socket ?

BAbak
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: question about veeam license

Post by wishr »

Hi Babak,

Veeam B&R has two payment models:
  • Perpetual - the cost depends on the number of licensed CPU sockets. For all Perpetual Licenses with CPU Sockets, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE, products will enable additional FREE Instance licenses to be available for use — one Instance per each CPU Socket, with the maximum up to six Instances. In case the Subscription License Key is installed, the FREE Instances will no longer be available.

Thus, you may get 6 additional instances at no cost and use them to protect your servers with Agents, according to the conversion table and your requirements. If 6 instances are not enough to cover the landscape, you may purchase a required number of instances (see below), but that will remove the 6 free instances.
To summarize: in order to cover 10 sockets you may purchase the Enterprise Plus perpetual license, additionally, you can use your 6 "free" instances to protect 6 servers by Veeam Agents Server Edition. The latter comes at no cost.

Regards,
Fedor
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

thanks

As i understood i can buy Perpetual enterprise plus license that include 10cpu socket + 6 veeam agent for linux + 6 agent for windows

is that correct ?
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

No, you get 10 sockets and 6 instances. 6 instances allow you to use 6 Server Edition Agents (Linux or Windows or a mix of those), not 12 as you mentioned. Please refer to the conversion table and licensing policy links in my post above for detailed information.

Thanks
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

1- Is that possible extend instance numbers for veeam agent linux and windows server edition ?
2- Is that possible buy veeam agent for linux and windows as unlimited instance?

BR
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

1. Yes, as mentioned above, you may purchase an Instance-based license and use it for Agents. This license can be used simultaneously, along with a Perpetual Socket-based license covering your virtualization environment.
2. Yes and No. There are no Perpetual licenses for Veeam Agents, however, you may purchase a number of instances that covers not just the current landscape but also has a certain number of instances for future expansion. Or you may add additional instances once your instance limit will have been reached.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Fedor
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

so thanks
if i bought Enterprise Plus with subscription period for 5 years , how much time will be provide support via veeam ?

BR
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As far as I know, support is provided for the duration of subscription period. However, you'd better clarify licensing questions with your sales representative. Thanks!
baber
Veteran

[MERGED] veeam license

Post by baber »

If i Buy veeam backup and replication license for 4 cpu sockets since i have 6 physical server (linux os) do i had to buy veeam agent license for linux or just veeam backup and replication license for 4 cpu sockets is enough ?

BR
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi Babak,

This question has been already answered in your previous thread. Please see above.

Long story short, you'll get four "gifted" instances (per our licensing policy) in this case that will allow you to cover your six physical servers, but only with VAL Workstation Edition and only if you purchase B&R Enterprise or Enterprise Plus, as mentioned in the instance conversion table. If you would like to use VAL Server Edition you'll require to purchase additional instances to fully cover your landscape (note that "gifted" instances will be lost in this case).

Also, you may consider using B&R Community Edition that offers ten instances at no cost.

Thanks