Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sheath777
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Steve Heath

Quick Backup

Post by sheath777 »

When performing a Quick Backup is there a way to select a particular job? The documentation I found said it automatically selects the job with the most recent restore point of the VM(s). If not then I'd like to make this a feature request. Thanks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Quick Backup

Post by PTide »

Hi,

May I ask you about the reason of having more than one backup job per VM in your case?

Thanks
sheath777
Influencer

Post by sheath777 » 2 people like this post

Due to hardware limitations (RAM on the physical device hosting the offsite storage) I cannot use Backup Copy jobs since they frequently fail, but when I do another Full backup job to the offsite storage it uses far less RAM and works fine. In the rare instance I need to perform a Quick Backup I'd like to be able to select the correct job.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Due to hardware limitations (RAM on the physical device hosting the offsite storage) I cannot use Backup Copy jobs
Ok, that makes sense, however I'm curious how did you determine that backup copy was failing due to the shortage of RAM, had you contacted support team on that matter?
sheath777
Influencer

Post by sheath777 »

The VeeamAgent.exe processes were using over 1.5GB of RAM each during a Backup Copy, but during a regular Full Backup they use about 250MB each. Since Backup Copy jobs are basically creating a synthetic backup I figured they would require much more RAM and that it wasn't really an "issue" that support should be contacted about. I'd really rather do a Backup Copy but I can't get any new hardware or additional RAM for it at the moment. I do plan on moving to Backup Copy jobs ASAP, but for those poor souls finding themselves in this situation, being able to select between jobs when performing a Quick Backup would still be a nice feature.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

As you are entitled to leverage support, I'd give it a try anyway, maybe there's something that can be improved or fixed without requiring new hardware. Worth a try.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1