Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pasculy1
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: mie

Quick migration error-lease id expired

Post by pasculy1 »

Hi,
My customer environment consists of 5 x ESXi 5.5 +1 x physical vCenter + 1 x physical Veeam server (version 7, patch 4). All are connected via FC except vcenter. ESXi datastore sits on Hitachi storage & backup on HP p2000 G3. On 9th January 2015, we did a "migrate to production" to a a running IVR VM. However, it failed with a "Preparing error: Lease id[{0}] is expired".

Some background history, on 29th December the Lotus Domino server crashed & management decided to restore as per 26th December restore point. We did the IVR, re-directed it to a different datastore & the server was mounted in a couple of minutes from the backup storage on 30th December.

It really puzzles me because all this while I've been doing this without any issue. Could it be the duration of the VM running in IVR mode is too long? The only nearest hint from the knowledgebase is from kb1237. I did not follow the procedures in fear of losing the data changes since one of the step is to restart Veeam services.

I've logged a call to Veeam just now (00723174). Since it is a basic support, I hope someone could help out here because it's quite urgent.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Quick migration error-lease id expired

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do you see the same issue if you try to run a replication job against this VM?
pasculy1
Novice

Post by pasculy1 »

Hi Vitality,
I don't have any replication setup. This Veeam is solely used for backup.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What I meant to say - have you tried to migrate IVR VM via replication job and not quick migration one?
pasculy1
Novice

Post by pasculy1 »

Unfortunately no. But I do notice at the bottom IVR VM properties, there is a msg, "Veeam Agent terminated unexpectedly"
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Then it could, indeed, be the reason of the original error message. In order to investigate that, you need to continue working with our support team. And while you're waiting give the replication job a try.