Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
yousra.mu
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Yousra Muhammed

Recovery media for Linux issue

Post by yousra.mu »

Hello,

I downloaded the recovery media iso for Linux then I tried to use the recovery media to restore a Linux VM but when I tried to boot from this iso in the mapping disks step for some reason the disks for the new VM is read-only and it gave me this error " mount : /tmp/veeam/{ 0f251b02-cc53-4021-8c7c-12d04d05a6cd4}:/dev/vda1 already mounted. >> I Think the error because this disk is used by the recovery media

why I have read-only permission to the bootable disks?

I do the same procedure with windows and it works fine but in windows there is an option to override boot from the recovery media & I can mount to the new disk but in linux I cann't do that.
yousra.mu
Novice

Re: Recovery media for Linux issue

Post by yousra.mu »

I checked the logs I found this log "cannot touch veeam.txt permission denied"
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

I checked the logs I found this log "cannot touch veeam.txt permission denied"
If the target disk is mounted read only, then this is a expected error message. Touch should create the file veeam.txt, but than cannot be done because it‘s read only.

Why do you want to restore the linux vm with the recovery iso? Can you tell us more about that? Is it a non veeam supported hypervisor? If you want to restore an linux agent backup to vsphere, hyperv or Nutanix, you can leverage instant vm recovery to directly restore the agent without a recovery iso.

If you have to use the recovery iso, I recommend to open a support case with veeam.
Technical issues always need a support case, as mentioned when a new topic is created. Posting log snippets to the forum should be avoided.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
yousra.mu
Novice

Post by yousra.mu »

Thanks a lot for your reply " I have to use recovery media because of the hypervisor is openstack which is not supported by Veeam"
yousra.mu
Novice

Post by yousra.mu »

Posting log snippets to the forum should be avoided.
Thanks, I didn't know this point