Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ejenner
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: REFS issues (server lockups, high CPU, high RAM)

Post by ejenner » Oct 15, 2018 1:49 pm

LBegnaud wrote:
Oct 12, 2018 2:00 pm
I think the CCM issue should be a separate thread, and this thread probably needs to be locked soon.

I'm glad someone else has been able to prove that there really is an issue with this and it's not just me imagining it.

Not sure if Veeam want to investigate that issue. I don't mind leaving the agent off the repository servers as a solution. It would be nice to know the reason though.

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3254 times

Post by Gostev » Oct 15, 2018 1:53 pm

LBegnaud wrote:
Oct 12, 2018 2:00 pm
I think the CCM issue should be a separate thread, and this thread probably needs to be locked soon.
Yes, I think it's time. Let me created the new placeholder thread and lock this one down.

@Iain it's refs.sys

@ejenner we can't do much from our end since since not having the source code we can't debug neither ReFS nor CCM, however if you open a support case with us we can then open a support case with Microsoft on this. It may require some of your time though, since they will want to troubleshoot it directly with you.

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3254 times

Post by Gostev » Oct 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Solution
Install September 2018 Windows Update (KB4343884) or later, since Windows Updates are cumulative.

If you have the latest updates installed but are still facing issues with ReFS, please refer to this topic > ReFS state post September 2018 Windows Updates

This thread is now locked.