Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Remote console log collection not working after update to v11a from v10

Post by ChrisGundry »

We updated from v10 to v11a yesterday and today had several issues that I wanted to log to support. Unfortunately when trying to gather logs using the remote console in the usual way, it doesn't work. The process appears to work fine, you select the job/objects, enter the path, it runs, says completed. You then click 'open folder' and instead of taking you to the path you entered, say C:\temp\VeeamLogs\ it takes you to 'documents'. If you go to the specified path C:\temp\VeeamLogs\ it is empty and there are no logs...

If you gather logs directly on B&R server console it works fine, so it is something to do with the remote console.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have raised a case #05085090.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Remote console log collection not working after update to v11a from v10

Post by Mildur »

Remote Console Log collection is working for me with V11a.
The logs get transferred to my client (remote console) after collecting them on the vbr server.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
ChrisGundry
Veteran

Post by ChrisGundry »

OK great, thanks for confirming it's not a straight up v11a issue then. I figured it couldn't have been that wide spread, will see what the support case finds...
ChrisGundry
Veteran

Post by ChrisGundry »

Still waiting for support to progress this, but I worked out some more on my own. It seems to be something to do with UAC and permissions.
If you export to a folder that exists it works OK, although there is an access denied error in the Veeam log.
If you export to a folder that doesn't exist, the export fails.
If you run the remote console as admin then exporting to a new folder works fine.

This did NOT happen in v10, you didn't need to run as admin or disable UAC, or pre-create the folder. Nothing has changed in our environment, no permission changes or UAC changes, just a v10->v11a update and now log exporting doesn't work the same.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I see that ticket is already being handled by Tier 2 support engineer and its internal description was updated by her yesterday, once she collected new debug logs from you over remote session.

So the active investigation is still going on, and it might be worth waiting for a little more and giving the support engineer a chance to dig into the problem deeper.

Thanks!