Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
LorettoIT
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Perry A McGrew

Remote Console Support

Post by LorettoIT »

The VEEAM Remote Console fails to install on my Windows 10 21H2 PC. I get a "file not found" error. I have Case # 05096409 opened. I was informed that 21H2 is not supported. 21H2 as well as Windows 11 are GA and available through Microsoft VLSC and Windows Update. My staff who has it successfully installed it is Win 10 21H1.

Apparently the Install logs do not indicate what the missing file(s) are. We are running VeeamBackup&Replication_11.0.0.837_20210525. I was told that 11a does not support 21H2 either.

Looking to see if anyone has had the same issue or may know of a work around to get the Remote Console installed.

TIA
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Remote Console Support

Post by Mildur » 2 people like this post

Hi Perry

21H1 GA build was released only last week.
Veeams Policy is to support new OS builds within 90 days after GA release. If no bigger issues or incompatibilities are found after testing.

Give veeam some time to officially test, develop and release a compatible version. We have seen with other big players what happens, if releasing a new product is rushed to the market :-)

In my company, We always wait with updating OS, vsphere, storage firmwares until the entire environment is supported by all connected entities.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Perry,

I suggest to install console on one of the supported OS instead of using some "unofficial" workarounds even if such workarounds exist. Please refer to this page on our help center to find more details about supported OS for Veeam B&R console. As Fabian said, Windows 10 21H2 became available on 16th of November and this is something that has not been tested by our QA engineers so we cannot guarantee stable functioning of console with this OS.

Thanks!
LorettoIT
Novice

Post by LorettoIT »

We do not wish to be bleeding edge either -- certainly would not be upgrading the VEEAM server product as well as VMware until we see it is stable. We were just looking to understand the issue(s) with the Remote Console. Even MS states that 21H2 is a very minor update from 21H1. Right now, I have to RDP onto the Server running VEEAM. Its a little difficult to understand the client install failure when the logs provide no indication of the root cause. If it were a Win 10 Feature Build issue, the install process should be able to detect it when launched. Currently, it goes quite far before the "file not found" error is displayed.

New PCs are being delivered with Windows 11. I have one IT tech who is running Windows 11 (upgraded via MS Windows Update). I am going to ask him to try and install the VEEAM Remote Console. We have had several vendors already provide updates for Windows 11 compatibility.

Thanks for the feedback
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Veeam V11a is supported with Windows V11 and should work already :-)
LorettoIT
Novice

Post by LorettoIT »

We updated VEEAM to latest I1A ISO last month to get support for our Win 2022 Servers. Remote console still won't install on W10 21H2 PC -- gets the "file not found" error . The Logs don't seem to state what file(s) it is trying to find! A PITA to have to RDP to the VEEAM server to launch console. Server logins are restricted and most of Help Desk Staff do not have the authorities to log directly onto production servers.

Does anyone have Remote Console running on Win 10 21H2?

Thx
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Perry,

It looks like a technical issue, may I ask you to share this information with our support team? Please don't forget to paste ID of a new case, the previous one has already been closed as far as I see.

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

For Win 10 21H2 support, you will need to install V11a with the latest CU Patch. I think, the same is required for the console to install.
Patch was released around december 21st (11.0.1.1261 P20211211).

Make sure, that you are on the latest build (11.0.1.1261 P20211211). If you are, a support case is needed as Petr mentioned :)