Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tobiascapin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tobia Scapin

Remote site configuration for Reverse incremental

Post by tobiascapin »

Hi,
I have two sites and I want to store a backup in the second site with a REVERSE INCREMENTAL BACKUP because I cannot transfer a full backup due to connection bandwidth. The plan is to transfer the first full with a device, then transfer forever only the incremental.

I would like to know what is the Veeam remote component to be installed on the remote site to provide the reception of incremental backup and the merge job to a local full.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Remote site configuration for Reverse incremental

Post by foggy »

Hi Tobia, you can have the same approach with the forever incremental backup method as well, no need to stick to reverse incremental. On the remote site you need the repository server/gateway server, depending on the type of your repository - what will it be like?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Remote site configuration for Reverse incremental

Post by PetrM »

One more idea is to leverage backup copy functionality to respect the 3-2-1 rule. You may create full on the local site using forward incremental mode and transfer full to a remote site using a portable device and then map backup copy job to the transferred backup, just don't forget to check the limitations for mapping described on this help center page.

Alternatively, you may try to create a seed for backup copy job.

Thanks!