Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Titanmike
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ZeGerman

Removing backups from Disk

Post by Titanmike »

We have a LOT of backup jobs with all sorts of different amounts of restorepoints being kept.
Now we need to remove about 30 jobs and their backups from the local disk but the Backups view seems to be horrible slow as soon as you have a lot of backups. It seems to try to refresh all the time which makes it pretty unresponsive.

Is there another way to remove backups from disks using the command line ? If so, could someone share the code snipped to do so ?

Thanks.
Titanmike
Enthusiast

Re: Removing backups from Disk

Post by Titanmike »

Question #2 - how do you remove orphaned backups ? There are old backups under the backup view from backups on disks which don't exist any more but I have the same issue as above - the view is quite unresponsive so I'd love to know a way to delete those too without the need of the UI ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Titanmike wrote:Now we need to remove about 30 jobs and their backups from the local disk but the Backups view seems to be horrible slow as soon as you have a lot of backups. It seems to try to refresh all the time which makes it pretty unresponsive.
You need to contact our support team for the hotfix, which will make UI work a lot faster while browsing.
Titanmike wrote:Question #2 - how do you remove orphaned backups ? There are old backups under the backup view from backups on disks which don't exist any more but I have the same issue as above - the view is quite unresponsive so I'd love to know a way to delete those too without the need of the UI ?
Once you apply the hotfix, it will be a lot easier to do that :wink:
Titanmike
Enthusiast

Post by Titanmike »

Thanks, sent an email to support.