FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Replicate exchange DAG

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

this is not a purely Veeam question, but here it goes:

we replicate our 3 Exchange Servers once a day. 2 exchange servers are backed up at night and one exchange server with only passive databases is being backed up every hour. This works fine an I can always restore data from that backup that's at most 1 hour old. However, with the replication the I now have the issue that the databases are out of sync. 2 servers have databases that are from last night and the 3rd server has more recent passive database. The problem with this is, that when booting up the 3 Exchange replica's, the most recent one always fail to mount and need a re-seed. But that reverts them back to the state of at night.

My question is: how can a replicate and boot the Exchange servers in such a way that they use the most recent database to bring the other database up-to-date so that I always have a replica with the most recent data?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2880 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Replicate exchange DAG

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I would do native DAG replication and only do backup with Veeam.

I don't like the idea of doing 3rd party async replication of services that have native built-in replication mechanisms (AD, Exchange etc.)

Best regards,
Hannes
FrancWest
Veteran
Liked: 93 times
Full Name: Franc

Re: Replicate exchange DAG

Post by FrancWest »

Hi,

yes I know, we we need this to built our lab to test new exchange releases and updates, that's why we use veeam replication.