Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Replicating Veeam Database

Post by Bunce »

I've setup a replication job to replicate our V4 Veeam HO database (SQL Snapshot Replication) to our DR site (running its own SQL server). Call it VeeamV4HO.

At the DR site I have an existing Veeam server doing local backups with database - VeeamV4DR.

I've stopped the service on the Veeam server at the DR site, updated the 'SQLDatabaseName' registry entry to point to Veeam4HO, but when I restart the service I get an error:

"Configuration database is in use by the veeam Backup console installed on 'XXX-XXX'. To reconnect database to this console, please run Veeam Backup setup program"

So I'm guessing theres a record in the database somewhere which flags which server has created/connected to it.

Is there a way to update this value in the DB? I was hoping to be able to switch between database simply by stopping the service, updating the reg key, and restarting the service again.

Thanks,
A
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replicating Veeam Database

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Andrew,

To resolve this you should update the registry key on the DR site for Veeam backup server, please see all the instructions here:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... nfo#p12702

Hope it helps!
Bunce
Veteran
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andrew

Post by Bunce »

Thanks Vitaly.

Figured it must have been something else in the Registry, as I couldn't find a record in the DB anywhere.

Cheers,
A
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Sure, this is a registry key.