Replication and RE-IP

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Re: Replication and RE-IP

Veeam Logoby mpasaa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm

The VMs I am replicating ARE on licensed hosts. And the DR site host should also have a 2 socket license now applied as well (I was able to revoke licenses on several existing hosts I don't use anymore but still show in Veeam). The RE-IP does not work IF what you are saying is INSIDE WINDOWS the IP has been changed. From before--WHERE is the IP supposed to be changed and reflect the new IP when using this feature--in the virtual NIC properties inside windows or in some vm file? Like I said, it did not change the IP and the replica still had the existing IP set from our current active production site. Anyway...appreciate the info.
mpasaa
Enthusiast

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Audet

Veeam Logoby skrause » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:42 pm

It uses the same functionality of VMware that allow you to assign an IP address when you do an image customization to deploy a VM from a template and set its IP settings. Which needs the VM to be powered on to accept the commands.
Steve Krause
Veeam Certified Architect
skrause
Expert

Liked: 45 times
Full Name: Steve Krause

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 am

mpasaa wrote:The VMs I am replicating ARE on licensed hosts. And the DR site host should also have a 2 socket license...

It shouldn't, unless you use this host as a source in some other jobs.

mpasaa wrote:The RE-IP does not work...

Have you used the 'Failover Now' command from the replica's shortcut menu or just turned on the VMs manually (through vSphere client)? If the former, please contact technical support for a closer look.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1111 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Previous

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication