Availability for the Always-On Enterprise
Gostev
Veeam Software
Liked: 3033 times

Re: Replication fails after installing Update 4

Post by Gostev » Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm

CSSensus wrote:
Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm
I removed the exclusions from these no longer existing machines and the errors are gone.
Great, thank you so much for reporting the solution.

ashleyw
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Ashley Watson

Post by ashleyw » Jan 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Strangely, I updated one of our development instances yesterday to update 4, and the replication jobs were failing with similar messages, and again, it was the VM exclusions that were causing the issues.

In our case I had completely forgotten about the VM exclusions - presumably because the VMs being excluded did not exist any more.
I guess prior to update 4, VMs that were not present that had been previously excluded were simply ignored by the replication job?
Also strangely I saw the replica VM on the target existing in two places - one under the replica folder on the target and another in the Discovered virtual machine folder - which does not make sense.

As this specific Veeam instance is for our development workloads, I have completely removed the target replicas from both the storage and from within Veeam and am now rerunning the replication to see if I can get a clean run through (this will take several hours).

It definitely sounds like there is some sort of regression bug/change in behavior that has been introduced with update 4 specifically concerning replicas.

Gostev
Veeam Software
Liked: 3033 times

Post by Gostev » Jan 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Yes, it's a bug which affects all advanced places where you can specify VMs for whatever reason. Where previously those zombie VMs were just ignored, now they cause errors. We decided to fix this bug and create an updated build for GA, because the fix is very simple - but this regression may affect many customers.