Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
matthieu178
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthieu Hegerle

Replication issues

Post by matthieu178 »

Hi guys,
I'm a new veeam 5.0 user, and I have a few questions coming up after some serious issues in my job.

I had to implement a replication and it went perfectly fine for most of the servers (windows)
But I had one windows 2008 server replicated and it launched me a second one at the same time.
It then crasedh both.

Thing is that the production server is a copy of the dev server. does it have to do with some kind of uid problem or else?
Thanks very much for your help, it's driving me crazy.
Have a nice day
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication issues

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matthieu,
matthieu178 wrote:But I had one windows 2008 server replicated and it launched me a second one at the same time.
It then crasedh both.
Unfortunately, I do not understand what you're saying here. Have you started another replication job with the same Windows server included? Could you please clarify?
matthieu178 wrote:Thing is that the production server is a copy of the dev server. does it have to do with some kind of uid problem or else?
Each VM has a unique moref ID which is assigned by vCenter Server and is tracked by Veeam backup server. Every VM registration in the inventory generates a new ID for the VM. So It's hard to advise anything without seeing full log files. I think you'd better address our support team with this issue.

Thanks.