Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Shaft
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Vince Rucolas

Replication Seed from Backup

Post by Shaft »

I need to create a replication job from PROD to DR over the WAN. This is a large file server and was taking days to finish the initial seed and had to be stopped because this interfered with the original backup. I read in a KB that I could do Replication seeding from a VM backup. http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/h ... eding.html.

When I run the backup copy it sits at waiting for new restore points and has a status of 0%.

Did I misunderstand this article where you can not create a seed from a backup so it does not interfere with the backups?

Thanks.,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication Seed from Backup

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Vince,

How did you configure the synchronization interval? Have you tried forcing the initial sync for the backup copy job?

Thank you!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Replication Seed from Backup

Post by veremin »

I'm wondering whether the "source" and "target" for backup copy job are selected correctly. Can you double-check it, as well?

In other words, make sure that the given backup job is specified as a "source" for backup copy job and remote repository as its "target". There is built-in mechanism preventing backup copy job from looking restore points in the repository that is specified as backup copy job target - in this case, the backup copy job will sit in the idle state forever.

Thanks.