Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cyberwarrior101
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken White

Replication Stops - Exchange & SQL Servers

Post by cyberwarrior101 »

When starting Veeam replication for (2) servers - 1 containng SQL and the other Exchange 2010 - both jobs start and then immediately fail after a min or two. I disabled the Application aware settings for SQL along with the VMWare Tools option for SQL server and job began and is now running although worried about loss of transactions. When doing the same for our Exchange server it still does not start.

Initially we received errors on web servers that snapshots were present, deleted those and servers backed up fine. The only thing I ca nsee on the Summary window for these other two are Processing - Hubble Exchange Server (X) , All VMS have been processed (Green Check) 43 seconds later..

When I look at the logs i see the agent.exchange servers and within there are ERR END OF FILE, ERR Cannot Read from teh Socket. Requested Data Dize [1]. Then another Error with same message. Eventually Terminating by Stop Event.

Nothing special on these two servers except SQL and EXCHANGE servers are installed. :(

We're getting ready to purchase but can't until we can get these two options fixed as we're moving gear Thursday to our new Colo to test across the WAN.

Ken W.
Regional Trustee Services
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication Stops - Exchange & SQL Servers

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ken,
cyberwarrior101 wrote:I disabled the Application aware settings for SQL along with the VMWare Tools option for SQL server and job began and is now running although worried about loss of transactions. When doing the same for our Exchange server it still does not start.
By default (starting from version 6.1) replication jobs do not no truncate transaction log files, so it doesn't matter if application-aware image processing is enabled or not.
cyberwarrior101 wrote:We're getting ready to purchase but can't until we can get these two options fixed as we're moving gear Thursday to our new Colo to test across the WAN.
To get quicker assistance on technical issues, you need to contact our support team directly, as it is explained in the forum rules when you click New Topic.

Thank you.