Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kitkat
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: KK

Repository - File backup cache

Post by Kitkat »

Hi Guys,

I want to combine 2 partitions to form a scale out repository. One of the partition (the current repository) contains the file backup cache. I know I need to move this somewhere else in order to create the scale out. What does the folder do and would it slow down the jobs if I am forced to move it out of this server onto another, which will be at another site over the WAN... I do the have C drive off course..

Thanks.
Kit
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Repository - File backup cache

Post by foggy »

Do you mean the same repository is currently used as a cache repository for NAS backup? You can create another repository in another folder on the same server and assign it this role thus keeping it on the same site/server.
Kitkat
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: KK

Post by Kitkat »

Yep, you have understood it correctly.
Oh - I do not know that. I can create a new folder and make that the repository to hold the cache? That is a repo inside a repo? My plan was to curve out a couple of gigs for another partition to hold the cache but even better if there is no need to. Have I understood you correctly?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Not inside but rather beside - should be a separated folder, not the one contained inside the other repository. Yes, you can have multiple repositories pointing to different folders of the same server.