Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Regnor
Veeam Software
Liked: 287 times
Full Name: Max

Request: Complete compatibility matrix

Post by Regnor »

A colleague asked me today wether a version of Veeam supported a certain Exchange version.

I've already had a hard time to find the documentation archive for older releases and also those documentations aren't 100% accurate; like the docs say Exchange SP1 and Release notes say Exchange SP1-SP3.
Wouldn't it be great if we had a complete compatibility matrix for the last 3 releases (including the patches) which shows us what Hypervisors and applications are fully supported (also including minor releases)? As a bonus supported Storage firmware and more could be included.
It would be much easier if all those information were at one place.

If there's already such a thing then please point me to it;)
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Re: Request: Complete compatibility matrix

Post by tdewin »

The documentation should be your point of reference but due to updates it might not always reflect the latest state. I imagine that new SPs were released after the initial release and we added support in newer B&R updates.

For example:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
This page has been updated on Updated on 1/30/2017 (on the bottom).

If you feel this is not up to date (due to release notes), you can click "Send feedback" at the bottom of each page and refer to kb article. The technical writer team is pretty fast to respond
Regnor
Veeam Software

Post by Regnor »

Thanks for your reply.
The documentation doesn't list minor releases; for example it shows 'vSphere 6.x' but how can I be sure if this includes any current 'U' versions? Exchange CU or RU aren't even mentioned so do that matter at all?
If I have to take the documentation plus release notes and add the information which I receive here in the forum or via support it will take some time. And for older releases it gets even harder.
A central list would be much better and probably offer a more reliable source.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

'vSphere 6.x' implies any minor updates to the corresponding releases are supported as well, unless it is specified differently.
Regnor
Veeam Software

Post by Regnor » 1 person likes this post

Well this was valid until 6.5 U1 was released; an ordinary customer would now check the documentation and think that it is supported. So in that case it would be better to add the minor release number.

I don't like Veritas very much but they publish a very extensive list of supported Hypervisors, OS and applications.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

There's always a couple of weeks gap between the release of the update and our QA performing regression testing against it to ensure everything is fine.