Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Provogeek
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Brent Schmidt

Request to the devs - Notifications

Post by Provogeek »

Please do not add any more new notifications with out also providing a way to manage the notification with in the UI.

The notifications on Protection Groups caused me support calls, now the notifications on the Scale-Out repos is causing me support calls. Update 4 fixed the Protection Groups, thankfully info on a reg key was released to turn off the Scale-Out repos notifications.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Request to the devs - Notifications

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Brent,
Could you explain the issue with scale-out repository notifications?
Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6717 times

Post by Gostev »

Provogeek wrote: Feb 12, 2019 1:24 amThe notifications on Protection Groups caused me support calls, now the notifications on the Scale-Out repos is causing me support calls.
I am curios who is receiving those core Veeam notifications then? They are designed for you, and you only :D
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Post by ChrisGundry »

I agree, it is really annoying that these notifications were not enabled by us admins and are now suddenly starting to go out. I have had several support calls logged about this as well because the service desk are getting them suddenly and there is no way to turn them off in the GUI. I have found the registry key to disable the repo ones, how can I disable the protection group ones??
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6717 times

Post by Gostev »

See the sticky issues tracker, perhaps you are talking about issue #4?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

I guess it's about the new 9.5U4 protection group notification setting in options -> advanced of a protection group

Provogeek
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Brent Schmidt

Post by Provogeek »

Gostev wrote: Feb 13, 2019 1:20 amI am curios who is receiving those core Veeam notifications then? They are designed for you, and you only :D
Shestakov wrote: Feb 12, 2019 10:14 am Hello Brent,
Could you explain the issue with scale-out repository notifications?
Thanks!
Anyone who is an admin on a Veeam B&R server that also has scale-out repo is getting the alerts. Most common question I am getting is, "whats the point?" What is the alert trying to tell me? So far, I have just been saying it is a way to keep track of usage. Customers still want it off cause it is annoying. Directed them to email rules to handle these alerts.

On the silly Protection Group alerts, I am aware of the fix added to U4 that addresses this. Made the post because it seems silly to give us a fix after Veeam Support got stuck fielding support calls just to make a new one, that causes support calls. I am greatfull however that at least this time, there is a reg key to turn it off. I am just asking that no new one be created on us in future service packs. Add them, but let us, the admins, enable them and have control over them.