Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lgrundel
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Lukas Grundel

restore application item row missing in VBR console

Post by lgrundel »

Hi. I am trying to set backup of physical servers /sql, exchange/ via agents /both paid/. Thats ok. But when I want to restore from VBR console I am missing the row "restore application item" (called with right mouse click). In my lab server it worked. Still no lucky to find solution. IMHO could be a problem with agent installed on physical machines.

Thanks for appropriate advice.

Lukas
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: restore application item row missing in VBR console

Post by PTide »

Hi,

What repository do you use?

Thanks
lgrundel
Novice

Post by lgrundel »

Hi, volume on the pysical backup server with installed veeam.

L.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

So, you have Veeam Agent for Windows installed on a physical machine, and you have a volume on a separate Veeam Backup and Replication server, and that volume is configured as Veeam Repository. You've configured the backup job in the Agent's UI and pointed it to the Veeam Repository. Is everything correct? If so then please double check if you had enabled "Enable application-aware processing" job settings.

Thank you
lgrundel
Novice

Post by lgrundel »

GOT IT!! I didnot install licence key for physical agents. That was the problem. Thanks and close the ticket...
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

Post by DDIT »

Hello,

I have a similar issue, and wanted to check whether this should work? If it should, I will open a case.

My Veeam VBR server is physical, runs 9.5 u4 and the latest version of VBO 365. It also has a licensed endpoint v3 agent installed.

VBO 365 backs up to a repository on D:\ drive.
VBR (including the agents) back up to a repository on G:\

My agent backup job for this physical VBR server has application-aware processing enabled as is protecting the C: and D: drives. However, when right-clicking the server and selecting 'restore application items', I only see 'Microsoft SQL Server databases...'

...I would expect to see VBO/Exchange restore options too. Is there an obvious reason for this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Michael, it should work the way you expect provided VBO service was active at the moment of backup. Otherwise (or in case of any VSS issues) you should be able to use FLR to open the databases in Veeam Explorer for Exchange.
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

Post by DDIT » 1 person likes this post

Thanks.

Indeed I am able to view the VBO backups when launching Veeam Explorer for Exchange and adding the 'VBO 365 Server' store.

Initially, when trying to add the store I got an error about the expected version of VBO did not match the found version. Upon checking the latest version of VBO 365 on the Veeam website, I noticed a big red link advising users that run VBO alongside VBR 9.5 u4 to install this patch https://www.veeam.com/kb2809, which fixed the error.