Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
staun
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jørgen Staun

Restore database - warning

Post by staun »

Our Navision administrator just restored a database to the original by mistake and no warnings about current active database connections to this original database were informed. So he got quite mad at me and with very loud voice - This should not be possible or at least a warning about active connections should be there.

Is it possible to inform the user that there are active database connections before it overwrites the database?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Restore database - warning

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Did he use 1-Click restore, or some other way? If the former, then there is no check, indeed, just a warning that existing database will be replaced, if present. If the latter, then he should have seen a warning in the restore wizard saying that such database already exists on the target SQL Server.

Thanks
staun
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jørgen Staun

Post by staun »

The user used the web-interface to restore the database under Items, but forgot to change destination and just restored (I do believe the database will be overwritten warning was there, but he wants a warning that there are active connections, in his mind this is better.?!?).
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Did I get it right - he basically left this radio-button at "Restore to original location" and hit "Restore" ? I've checked with R&D - the absence of warning is a bug and is scheduled for fixing. Regarding your feature request for checking if there are existing connections - it has been noted.

Thanks