Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Restore points

Post by Rohail2004 »

Guys
I am in new to Veeam and I am kind of confused as to what should I selecte for my back up. At this time I have set the restore points to 14 days, incremental from Monday to Thursday, then Full Synthetic fulls on Friday, and active full back up on Sunday. Is that a good practice?

Also, when I go into restore I only see 4 days of restore points available, even though I have selected 14 days.

I need to have 30 days worth of data available on VM's, what changes I have to make so make sure I have 30 days data available to restore?

thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Restore points

Post by Gostev »

Rohail2004 wrote:At this time I have set the restore points to 14 days, incremental from Monday to Thursday, then Full Synthetic fulls on Friday, and active full back up on Sunday. Is that a good practice?
It does not really make sense to have more than one full backup per week in most cases. Choose one, either synthetic or active, and disable another one.
Rohail2004 wrote:Also, when I go into restore I only see 4 days of restore points available, even though I have selected 14 days.
You need to wait 14 days before you see 14 points.
Rohail2004 wrote:I need to have 30 days worth of data available on VM's, what changes I have to make so make sure I have 30 days data available to restore?
Change restore points amount from 14 to 30 in the job settings.