Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KronoCrespo
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Pablo Crespo

Restore sessions reports

Post by KronoCrespo »

Hi all,

I know this is something asked other times on this forums because I do a search for it but never find a good solution.
On my company we have to do some test restores from disk and tape and report them to IT Headquarters each three months, before my joining to the company, the used to use BackupExec as backup solution so it generates a XML file with the restore information log so I they send this file to HQ.

Then I switched to Veeam and today I'm going to perform my first test restores when I realised Veeam doesn't have any REPORTS (as it does with backup jobs) nor possibility of creating an e-mail with all the information, so I can't send anything to HQ rather than some screenshots...

Is there ay way to obtain this reports for restores?

Thank you so much in advance! :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Restore sessions reports

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Pablo

We provide a couple of options for this: you can either do simple exports into Excel from Reports tab of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, or use Veeam ONE for more fancy reports. There's actually the dedicated report in the latter called Restore Operator Activity.

If your company owns Veeam Essentials or Veeam Availability Suite, then Veeam ONE is included in your existing licensing.

And keep in mind that Veeam allows you to fully automate recovery testing with SureBackup functionality, which sends its own automated email reports and also has the associated fancier reports in Veeam ONE.

Thanks!