Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Restore to Alternate Location

Post by rogerdu »

I have run into a scenario where we have something on our systems that is encrypting a specific directory. I have the date that this first started happening, but I have no idea if the backup image is the problem and I am re-introducing it every time I do a restore or what. Also, we've not been able to diagnose what is causing the encryption (IE the process).

I've been asked to restore the files to another server, and do multiple restores of the data to the original location but using different dates (to assist in the diagnosis).

Here's the problem... It doesn't seem that there is any way to perform a restore to an alternate server or to have the restore go to a new directory... Can someone point me in the right direction? this is a Windows OS file level restore as opposed to a VM or VM Files restore (or instant restore) that I am interested in.

Thanks,

Roger
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restore to Alternate Location

Post by foggy »

Roger, do you mean the Copy To functionality?
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Post by rogerdu »

I'm guessing that's what I have to do. I used that to create a copy of the data then moved it to an alternate location on the network (where we have our control set)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You should be able to specify the final network destination there as well.