Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
raytona
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Raymund Aytona

Restoring Sharepoint Site

Post by raytona »

Hi Veeam Team,
I'am currently conducting an Veeam Implementation on one of our clients. I have successfully backed up the sharepoint server with Application Aware enabled. I restore the entire VM to same host with different datastore and it was a success. And now our client wants to use the application level restore to restore the whole site, I used veeam explorer. But when we are restoring the site it stuck on 0% progress. after 5hrs it went 1% and estimate is 13Days and 17hrs and time is still going up. Where can we know the problem? The restore of the entire VM is about 30mins. The sharepoint admin created a new site with new port and we restore it to the new site and our target is the newsite:port. Is our procedure correct? Thanks veeam team support
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restoring Sharepoint Site

Post by foggy »

Raymund, could you please describe the setup in a bit more detail? Are you restoring from the backup server itself or using a standalone Veeam B&R console? What server is specified as the mount server for repository, what kind of repository it is and where it is located?

Also please note that this is not a support forum, to get assistance from the support team, you need to open a case at https://cp.veeam.com. Thanks.
raytona
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Raymund Aytona

Post by raytona »

Hi foggy, thank you for your reply. btw yes we are restoring from the backup server. Our veeam server is physical. The mount server for the repository is the veeam server itself. The repository is a CIFS share from Dell DR6000. our proxy server is the veeam server. is there something wrong with my setup?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Overall it looks good. Are you using Veeam B&R as a staging server as well? I'd try to restore from some other storage for a quick test, since this one is a dedupe appliance that also affects restore performance. Anyway, full restore log will tell what operations take most of the time, so contacting support is still recommended.