- Posts: 15
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jun 27, 2012 12:08 pm
- Full Name: Mariusz
I am trying to understand properly retention policy on Veeam Backup and Replication and I would appreciate if you could correct me if I am wrong with my setup.
We have a bunch of jobs which are set up to run:
- Full synthetic job every week on Saturday
- Incremental - Monday to Saturday (included)
If I want to keep the backup for 4 weeks, should I set up the
- restore point to keep on disk 24 (6 restores per week x 4 weeks)
- VM retention - delete VMs data retention petriod ....... ???? - Should I set up 0 ?
- Posts: 1530
- Liked: 225 times
- Joined: Jul 21, 2010 9:47 am
- Full Name: Chris Dearden
VM retention isn't really used in a fwd incremental backup - its used in a reverse incremental. When a Vm is no longer in a given backup job, its the number of days before its removed from the full backup file.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 22777
- Liked: 1526 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests