Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wizardict
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark

Rollback V12 to V11

Post by wizardict »

Hi

If I install V11 can I export a V12 database and import it into V11?

V12 is just a train wreck for us, I'm deeply regretting upgrading. The inability to copy individual VMs or create copies of copies is a huge backwards step. We can't even add new backups, as we need to keep using Legacy copies to keep that functionality but they don't work with new backup jobs, so we're stuck unable to make any changes at all to our backups.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Rollback V12 to V11

Post by Mildur »

Hello Mark

Welcome in the forum.

Unfortunately a rollback is not possible. There is no backward compatibility.
V11 cannot work with a V12 database. And V11 will not be able to work with updated v12 backup chains or backups created by V12.

I have good news for Copy from backup copy. It will be back sooner than later in one of the next patches.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
wizardict
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark

Re: Rollback V12 to V11

Post by wizardict »

We don't have any new backups created on V12, they simply don't work for us, so every job we have was created on an older version (V10 or V11). is it still not possible to rollback?

It's good news on the copies, but unless we can add individual VMs to a copy job then it's still not workable for us unfortunately. We have 4 or 5 copies for each backup job, each copying a part of the original backup. With V12 if we add a new VM to the backup we'll need to go and add an exclusion to all of those copies. That's not the end of the world, except it's going to be forgotten and we'll fill our storage because new VMs will be copying several times.