Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
timofcourse
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tim Graffam

Run script after VM Copy job?

Post by timofcourse »

Is it possible to set a script to run after a VM Copy job? I know how to do this for Backup jobs, but I'm not seeing the same option to do so for copies. I assume that means it's not possible, but figured I'd check here before giving up entirely.

Thanks.
haslund
Veeam Software
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Re: Run script after VM Copy job?

Post by haslund »

Unfortunately no, however, what would you like to achieve? Perhaps there could be another way to do it?
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com
timofcourse
Enthusiast

Post by timofcourse »

We'd like to copy the VM copy to a few other locations on the network after the job completes. I dont want to tie up Veeam resources and kick the copy off from the source again, so I was going to create a basic file copy script that did this after the job completed.

Outside of creating a Windows task to do this at some arbitrary time the job should be completed, any thoughts on how we can automatically start this process once the VM copy is done?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

You can trigger the job itself from the script as well and check it's completion status.
timofcourse
Enthusiast

Post by timofcourse »

Can you point me to documentation on how to best accomplish this? I'd be looking to do so with either PowerShell (preferred) or batch scripting.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Here's the Veeam B&R PowerShell Reference and you can ask for assistance in the corresponding subforum, once it is required.