Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Wlacroix
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Wally LaCroix

Sandbox

Post by Wlacroix »

Hello, we are looking into buying backup and replication enterprise edition for the sandbox.

We want to spin up a 2008 web server (in our current domain) inside the sandbox and test some 2012 Active Directory queries (this is a new domain, on another server(host) entirely) They will be doing software queries from said server to the new active directory servers.

I am under the understanding that you cant communicate outside of the sandbox. That is the point of the sandbox, to test inside without blowing up production.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Sandbox

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Wally. You understanding is correct, but your question is not clear. If you are simply looking for some details on this feature, then please start from sticky FAQ topic as well as the corresponding web site page for this feature. Thanks!
Wlacroix
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Wally LaCroix

Post by Wlacroix »

You have answered my question hehe.

The software guys want to use an existing web server in our existing domain in veeam sandbox mode, and do software queries to a new set of domain controllers that sit on a vmware host server, the guest Active Directory servers sit in a different domain.

But now that I know that sandbox cant communicate outside of sandbox mode, I can go back to them.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Correct. You can reach sandbox VMs from your production network (which is required to perform test queries against them), but not the other way around (sandbox VMs cannot establish connections into your production network).