Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ian0x0r
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Ian Sanderson

Re: Scale-Out Repositories on Enterprise Edition

Post by ian0x0r »

Sorry my mistake, you can have a 4th extent for maintenance purposes :) , but it is still a limit of 3 for day to day operations
Check out my blog at www.snurf.co.uk :D
Frenchyaz
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Post by Frenchyaz » 1 person likes this post

I'm also going to shim in. It would be nice to have more than 3 repositories as we are only limited to 1 scale out repository for Enterprise and the cost to go to Enterprise plus just for this feature is just ridiculous.

In our case, Veeam deduplication doesn't compress much (1x to 1.9x) so we cannot count on it (it seems like it is doing zeroed thin and that would explain why?!?). We have to rely on Windows server to use deduplication however the limitation is 64TB and we have 3 volume of this size. If somehow we run out of space, we just cannot add another shelve and add it to the scale out repository.

I would think that being able to create 1 scale out repository with as many repositories inside as you want is not a far stretch for an Enterprise license. Sure, I understand everybody needs to make money but this is really frustrating as we bought Veeam B&R 6 or 7 months ago and we are just trying to complete our implementation design.

So Veeam, please listen to your customers and make it work for us in 9.5u4... ;o)
Frenchyaz
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Post by Frenchyaz »

9.5u4 will allow Enterprise license to add a second scale out repository, yeah!
Will be released in January 2019...