Self Service Portal

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Self Service Portal

Veeam Logoby StuartW_D » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else here has ever implemented a Self Service Portal other than Backup Enterprise Manager?

I'm not saying this product is not great, but it does not quite fit with what I want to achieve. In our environment we have an Asset Management system, which has owners etc. I thought if something could bridge between asset management and veeam management. That is to show the Owner the list of servers he/she owns and you can simply tick boxes of what kind of backups you want and then script those changes to update veeam. I was also hoping such a portal could calculate the cost of each servers back and even estimate what it will cost.

I know I can always build my own website and database to do this. Sadly although I understand powershell quite well and understand the basics of programming, my skills in web development is terrible. Was wondering if anyone has found a product that does this or done something similar.

This will help me offload administration of our backups completely and limit it to troubleshooting and maybe reporting.

Regards,
Stuart
StuartW_D
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Stuart Wepener

Re: Self Service Portal

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Stuart,

Not sure if this what you're looking for, but we have a product for service providers > Veeam Availability Console, which provides a web-based multi-tenant portal when providing Veeam backup as a service to your clients.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby StuartW_D » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 am

Hi Vitaliy,

Thanks, that does look quite interesting I really want to get my hands on it to see how it would fit with us. Is there any sort of Beta that I can get my hands on?

When is the intended Release aimed for? I realize that you cannot specifiy as per company policy, but do you know if they aiming by the end of the year, next year? Like the general idea so I know if I am waiting short term or long term.

Kind Regards,
Stuart Wepener
StuartW_D
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 am

Stuart,
StuartW_D wrote: Is there any sort of Beta that I can get my hands on?

Yes, sure. Please apply to Cloud & Service Providers forum group to get access to the forum section dedicated Veeam Availability Console RC version.

StuartW_D wrote:When is the intended Release aimed for? I realize that you cannot specifiy as per company policy, but do you know if they aiming by the end of the year, next year? Like the general idea so I know if I am waiting short term or long term.

It should become generally available in Q3 this year.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby StuartW_D » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 am

Hi Vitaliy,

How do I go about getting into that Group. I applied, however I think I was denied, but I have no messages indicating what happened etc.

Kind Regards,
Stuart
StuartW_D
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 am

To access the VCSP private forums you need to be registered as a service provider. Approval/denial depends on your company status within Veeam database.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication