Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Stampede
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Peter Cha

Set Notifications to Weekly

Post by Stampede »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this. I've tried a few sources, but no luck finding the answer. I have email notifications currently setup in Veeam Backup and they work fine. I would like to have it continue sending notifications to myself on a per job basis but I would also like to have a summary email to be sent out once a week to a group email distribution.

Is there anyway to automatically generate a weekly notification summary? I've looked into Backup Enterprise Manager, but I couldn't see a way to change the notification frequency.

Thanks,
Peter
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Set Notifications to Weekly

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Peter,
There is a Backup Alarms Overview report you can schedule for that purposes.
Thanks!
Stampede
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Peter Cha

Post by Stampede »

Hi Shestakov,

Thanks for your help. That solution looks like it relies on Veeam One, I was hoping to limit it to Veeam Backup. What made me think this is possible is this line, "To receive email notification about all jobs performed on the backup server in one email, configure email notification settings in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager." (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/hyp ... tions.html)

I just can't seem to find information that will go into more detail on how to configure this setting in Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.

//Edit
Looking at the options available, daily notifications will have to suffice. I was hoping to have weekly updates. We have a lot of backups happening and it is cluttering a wider distribution list. Daily is certainly better than nothing!

Thanks,
Peter
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Peter,

Yes, in Enterprise Manager you can configure daily summary email notifications, as for more advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities Veeam ONE should be used.

Thanks!
CasIT
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Beehler

[MERGED] Backup Notification Email Batch Delivery

Post by CasIT »

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed Veeam B&R 9.5 for our Hyper-V environment, and while it working great, I'm getting snowed with email notifications for when jobs complete. Does anyone know a way to schedule a bulk delivery for once a day per job? Some of my jobs run every 6 hours, so it would be nice to get four emails at once.

Thanks in advance!
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Backup Notification Email Batch Delivery

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Michael and welcome to the community!

You can configure daily summary email notifications in the Enterprise Manager, also you can use Veeam ONE for more advanced reporting.
Please review this existing discussion for additional information. Thanks!