Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
UBC
Novice
Liked: never

Setup Virtual Lab at DR Site

Post by UBC »

I had an issue with the virtual lab at our DR site and had to delete it and am trying to setup a new one. Basically i'm trying setup surebackup jobs for the replicas from the main site. I think the issue is I need to add a second vnic under the network settings for the original site but it won't let me add a second one because I already have a vnic configured for the isolated network, which is the network at the DR site. How can I add a second vnic for a different subnet, which it had before? It was working so its just a configuration needed on the virtual lab.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Setup Virtual Lab at DR Site

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Did I get it right - you have VM replicas on the DR site and you want to setup Virtual Lab at DR site so that it has a connection to the main site network in order to let VBR, which is also on the main site, to connect to the Virtual Lab at DR? Is that correct?

Thanks
UBC
Novice
Liked: never

Post by UBC »

Yes we have VM replicas at the DR site and I am trying to setup the virtual lab for the surebackups at the DR site. It doesn't need a connection to the main site, just needs to run the surebackup job and run the tests at the DR site. It keeps failing because it says there is no destination network for the ip address, which is from the main site. I added a vnic in for the subnet of the DR site and I know before I deleted the original virtual lab it had a second vnic in for the subnet of the main site. For whatever reason the original virtual lab got messed up and I couldn't look at how it was setup before I deleted, so I'm not sure what i'm missing to allow me to add the second vnic.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

What Veeam B&R version are you currently at and is there a chance that the previous lab was set up on a different version? Basically, it should work with backup server in DR site.