Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
krogerss
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Sharepoint item recovery

Post by krogerss »

Hello all, just have a question about recovering items from SharePoint backups. Our SharePoint environment uses remote sql databases and currently our dba handles these backups. Is there an easy way to perform granular recovery of items from these .bak files? I'm not sure if I can convince him to let Veeam back them up. :) Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Sharepoint item recovery

Post by Gostev »

Hello. Not from backup files directly, but if you are able to extract MDF/LDF files of the content database, then you can just point Veeam Explorer for SharePoint to those, and it will be able to open them. Thanks!
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

@krogerss : seems to be the same problem everywhere, DBA being reluctant of giving up the sql backup.. I have the same problem, cannot use those great sharepoint B/R facilities because of remote sql and unwilling DBAs..
Anton, do I get it correct, If i would extract MDF/LDF files from the content database, just exports I suspect, I am able to perform item level recovery for sharepoint entities out of those files? That offers some perspective here if so.
Thanks, Peter
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Peejay62 wrote:Anton, do I get it correct, If i would extract MDF/LDF files from the content database, just exports I suspect, I am able to perform item level recovery for sharepoint entities out of those files? That offers some perspective here if so.
Correct.
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

well, nice!

thanks,Peter