Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 59 times

Re: SideBySide issue with VEEAM B&R v7 patch 2 (R2)

Post by Didi7 »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Since there are no replies, it seems like this is not widely seen among our existing customers, might be something specific to this deployment. What does our support team say on this issue?
Nothing so far! :mrgreen:

I avoided to contact them, since I am very busy with configuring two other VBR servers running under Windows Server 2012R2 and working like a charm. The real difference is only the OS.

I just found one thread here in the forum talking about some Visual C++ Runtime, that needs to be installed additionally and which does not come with VBR iirc, when you use Windows 2008R2.

Restores are generally possible, the Veeam Explorer for MS Exchange is the only problem with the upper mentioned error.

First I suspected, that it might be a memory problem, as this W2K8R2 server only has 8GB of ram, but as the related Exchange database is very very small, I neglected that, specially since all hardware requirements are fullfilled.

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it. Try to install this runtime and if you still keep seeing these issues, please contact our support team as advised for every technical issue. Thanks!
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

The problem is, that so far I don't know which Visual C++ Runtime might be missing.

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The only I found is one that mentioned in this thread (on the 1st page), so give it a try.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Works now! :shock:

To successfully use Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1491 on a freshly installed Windows Server 2008R2 SP1 with all general and recommended updates and to restore Exchange items with the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange, you need to install ...

... otherwise you will get a SideBySide error and an error window telling you that 'Following databases are not attached C:\VeeamFLR\*.edb ... See log for details'.

Would you mind adding this to your FAQ or should I open another information thread with the OS 2K8R2 and VBR 9.x ?

Regards,
Didi7
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the heads up, I will ask our QC team to reproduce this issue.