Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Size of repository

Post by Peejay62 »

The display of Backup Infrastructure / Backup repositories gives me an overview of my backup repositories. It really would be convenient to also see the size of the repository. If you have only one repository, then you probably know your size by head. I have more repositories, for various reasons all different in size, so just to have a quick overview of their defined sizes in that very same window comes in handy. Consider it a small feature enhancement..

thanks, Peter
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Size of repository

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Peter for the feedback; much appreciated.

For now, have you thought of using Veeam ONE with the pre-defined report called Capacity Planning for Backup Repositories? Not only does it give you overview on current space consumption, but also it estimates when repositories will run out of space.

Thanks.
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

Hi Vladimir,

We don't have Veeam ONE, sorry... ;-) I already build a small powershell reporting on the size and everything else.. But, I seemed to me very handy just to have the size displayed in the view. I think it is really basic information that could easily be displayed in the view? But then, I am making assumptions, maybe modifying the view isn't that easy. Anyway, if there is an opening of any kind to put that in, it would really be appreciated. maybe other users support me on that..

Thanks, Peter
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Your voice is counted. :)

Thanks again for finding time to post your request here.