Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kraken
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jaroslav Haken

Slow manager console/backups after upgrade to v9

Post by Kraken »

Just posting here before bothering Veeam support (for the case this is just a misconfiguration):

Veeam Manager Server: Windows 2008 R2
DB: MSSQL 2012 (local)
1 SMB repository, 13 jobs (about 100 machines; multiple virtual hosts - each one with own backup proxy) - all jobs launched in the same time (according to best practices mentioned here on forum), repository has limit 3 concurrent tasks.

Everything worked with v8. After upgrade from v8 to v9 (without errors), Veeam manager get incredibly slow in some situations:

* one job launched, it runs fine.
* four jobs launched in the same time - impossible to use console for any task that (probably) requires DB access (opening menu works fast, opening job statistics takes minutes, stopping the job takes more than one hour)

Server is not overloaded - there are other processes running fine and Resource Manager shows free resources (CPU, memory, drive, network). Connecting to the server from other location leads to the same console behavior. I tried to cleanup the DB according to https://www.veeam.com/kb1995 but it had no effect. Also more than 3 jobs often stucks in "Resource not ready: repository" state waiting for each other for hours until they time out.

No problem to open the task with support, I just want to know, if I am not missing something basic.
alexander sh
Veeam Software
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Alexander Shelemin

Re: Slow manager console/backups after upgrade to v9

Post by alexander sh »

Hi Kraken,

would be great if you open a support case and post a case number here. We'd like to take a closer look at your setup and see what could be causing the issues.
Kraken
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jaroslav Haken

Post by Kraken »

support case created - ID 01691820
alexander sh
Veeam Software
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Alexander Shelemin

Post by alexander sh »

Thanks for the case ID; I asked the case to be escalated to a Tier 2 engineer so that we can organize a WebEx if needed and resolve the problem.
Jack1874
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Stuart Little

Post by Jack1874 »

Hello, are there any updates to this thread? I feel that our console is also slow after the upgrade.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

There were some improvements in this area in Veeam B&R v9 Update 2, have you already installed it?
Jack1874
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Stuart Little

Post by Jack1874 »

Yes.. we upgraded to 9.0.0.1715 last night.

Is the slowness something that is witnessed by others? Sometimes when I click on a job it can take about 5 / 10 seconds to respond
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

No, there were never any issues around simply clicking the job, just like the OP says - these types of operations are not impacted. The only know issue was that operations requiring configuration database access taking noticeable time in large environments. In your case it can be something as simple as lack of RAM on backup server? Please open a support case to investigate.