Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RoisinC
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Roisin Conlon

SOBR

Post by RoisinC »

Is there a method/recommendation for moving files off a scale out repo to a stand alone repo? Can I just transfer the files? The backup job for these files is disabled and will be getting removed soon, these backups need held for retention purposes only. The Scaleout in question has 4 extents with multiple jobs targeted to it and unfortunately the files are spread across multiple extents and all of which are so full there is no way easy way to re balance and drop one extent out (if this has to be the case though then I will go this route)

Separately, I have been looking to try and understand how many extents are supported per SOBR and can't find anything concrete, I found an old article that suggests 3 for enterprise and unlimied for enterprise plus. Can anyone help with this query or point me to the documnetation?

Cheers in advance
Roisin
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: SOBR

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Have you considered using the Evacuate functionality?

But yes, you can just copy/move those backup files normally too, it's that easy.

Your summary on the SOBR extents limit is correct.
RoisinC
Novice

Post by RoisinC »

Thnks Gostev,

Unfortunately I dont have enough space on the extents to evacuate one

This helps though as I can gradually move the data off the SOBR to another disk that I have space on, once I get that bit done I can drop one into maintenance mode to stop this occurring again.

Cheers
Roisin
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

You could add that disk as an extent to SOBR and evacuate then. ;)
RoisinC
Novice

Post by RoisinC »

Good point :) but thinking of that now I still don't think I'd have the window to get it all done, the extents are all deduped at Windows level and I have to run my job this weekend