Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Split License key file

Post by davide.depaoli »

Hello,
our customer has bought Availability Suite Enterprise Plus for 16 cpu. As usual, has received one license file containing key for 16 cpu.
The problem is that these cpu are scattered on 4 sites (4 cpu per site).
My question is if is it possible, asking to Veeam support, to split the license file, in order to have 4 files with 4 cpu each. Or, more simply, is possible to load the same key 16cpu on every site.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Split License key file

Post by PTide »

Hi,

As per this FAQ:
Q: Can I install multiple v7 backup servers across multiple sites using the same license file?
A: You can install any number of backup servers using the same license file, as long as the actual socket usage across all backup servers does not exceed the licensed amount. To ensure compliance, we recommend that you use Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, which provides centralized license management. Enterprise Manager reports actual socket usage across all backup servers, and can be used to apply the new v7 license file to all connected backup servers.
Thank you.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

That said, they also have the opportunity to split the license, if that is a more preferable option.
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Post by davide.depaoli »

Thank you. I haven't read FAQs.
Davide