We've started to backup our SQL Server (2012) with Veeam using the application-aware processing options but are noticing that for whatever reason it is excluding all but two out of the 20 databases that live on that server and we have no idea why. I've read though the documentation and understand that are basically five reasons for a database to be excluded from the backup...
1. Database status is offline (not the case).
2. Database is set to read-only (not the the case).
3. Database recovery model is set to Simple (ours are set to Full)
4. Database was deleted after the latest full backup (nope)
5. Registry has been modified to exclude certain databases (we haven't changed the registry at all)
I've done a stare-and-compare between the two databases that aren't being excluded and the rest that are and nothing is jumping out at me as being different so I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any chance someone else is the community has seen a similar problem and might be able to suggest something else that might be causing these DB's to be excluded from the backup? Any help is much appreciated.