Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
- Posts: 14
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: Dec 11, 2016 11:38 pm
I'm looking to upgrade the SQL Server 2012 Express instance on my Veeam Backup & Replication 11a server with SQL Server 2019 Express.
The SQL Server 2019 Express offline installer comes in 3 flavors:
- Express Core (contains SQL Server Engine)
- Express Advanced (contains SQL Server Engine, Full Text Services and Reporting Services)
- LocalDB (lightweight version, runs in user mode)
I'm assuming Veeam requires "Core", right?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 13937
- Liked: 2729 times
- Joined: Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am
- Full Name: Hannes Kasparick
- Location: Austria
when I search for "sql express 2019 download", I get a download link without any editions
. The "basic" installation is fine.
LocalDB is wrong. Core and Advanced would both work.
PS: if you have some weeks time, you can also upgrade to V12 and switch to Postgres
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 40 guests