we do a restore test from our environment including SQL TLog restore and we a scared about the speed and handling from Veeam.
- Veeam v9 including all Patches
- SQL 2012 or above
- SQL Instance / DB is working --> no full restore of DB needed
- we would jump a few hours back with TLog restore
Restore like this https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-restore-a-sql-server-database.html
but we disabled the "Perform restore to the spcific transaction"
- VEEAM HANDLING
- mount .mdf + logs to the sql server
- delete the production .mdf without set the DB in offline mode
- creating a new .mdf from the mounted .mdf + log
- our DB is 600GB --> creating new .mdf approx. 1-2 days
Is there any option to restore to the point of Transaction (Log only restore) without recreating the whole DB, because the DB is ok and MUST NOT restored.
Thanks for help.