Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mlavie
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Still Getting Notification Emails to Old Address

Post by mlavie »

Hi All,

Newbie alert - I am new both to Veeam and VMs.

And to the point:
I recently installed Veeam B&R 9.5/u4. When I first installed it, I used my own email address for all my notifications (scanning/protection groups/backup jobs/whatever). I then realized that I was beig inundated with emails which became a distraction.

So I created a new email address specifically for Veeam notifications. Everywhere I could think of (Job definitions, Protection Groups, etc) I changed to the new address. But nothing helped - I keep on getting emails both to the original address and to the new address.

I get the emails sent to the old address for all types of servers: VMs, managed Windows Physical Servers and unmanaged WIndows Laptops. How do I get Veeam to send email notifications only to my new address?

Also, I get a lot of mails at 8:00 AM, in addition to the hour I specified for daily reports. How do I stop that?

TIA,
mlavie
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Still Getting Notification Emails to Old Address

Post by veremin »

Have you changed the email in global notification options as well? Menu -> Global Options -> Notifications. Thanks!
mlavie
Enthusiast

Post by mlavie »

Hi v.Eremin,

Thanks for the response. About 5 minutes after I posted this, I found that solution in Google. I didn't have time then to edit my question.
So I did change what you suggested. I guess it'll take a full 24 hr. cycle to prove this solved it.

However, the second part of my question remains: Can I change the default Global notification time to something other than 8:00 AM? For a number of reason, the timing is bad for me.

TIA,
nlavie
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

I believe there should be a registry key for that. There's a key for everything! Let us ask around.
mlavie
Enthusiast

Post by mlavie »

Hi Gostev,

Any news?

I often work shifts. Due to my job, I can't turn off the sound on my cellular, and all the incoming mails at 08:00 wake me up...

TIA,
mlavie
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Could you please clarify what reports specifically come at 8am? Any chance it is a daily agent status report?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\

EpDiscoveryEmailReportTimeOfDateHours = 8; 
EpDiscoveryEmailReportTimeOfDateMinutes = 0;
These keys can be used to adjust the agent report generation time. In Update 4 we've added granular settings, so both protection groups and managed by agent job type, so it should be possible to customize the time of report generation per backup job/protection group. Hope this helps!
mlavie
Enthusiast

Post by mlavie »

Hi Dima,

Thanks. Being a newbie, might I possible ask for the full path of the Registry Key?

TIA,
mlavie
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\

Please keep in mind that for Update 4 this key is not required as you can control email report settings per protection group or agent job. Cheers!