Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MVV
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Vavilov

Storage Repository (NAS CIFS share) doesn't show free space correctly after it has been removed from a SCALEOUT repos.

Post by MVV »

Hi all,

Storage Repository (NAS CIFS share) doesn't show free space correctly after it has been removed from a SCALEOUT repository.

I have 2 NAS CIFS shares:
SharedFolder1 - 29TB - it is an extent of a SCALEOUT repository
SharedFolder2 - 29TB - it is used to be an extent of the SCALEOUT repository

I have recently removed SharedFolder2 from the SCALEOUT repository and also removed it from Veeam respository.
The SharedFolder2 has got about 3TB of data on it, but instead of showing 26TB of free space, it is still shown 16.8 TB of free space which is equal to SharedFolder1 that is still an extent of the SCALEOUT repository. After every backup cycle the free space is changed on both shares equally, but the backup goes to the SharedFolder1 only.

I have restarted main Veeam server and proxy servers but the SharedFolder2 still shows space information incorrectly.

Any thoughts gents?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Storage Repository (NAS CIFS share) doesn't show free space correctly after it has been removed from a SCALEOUT repo

Post by Gostev »

Hello, please always include the corresponding support case ID when posting about any technical issue, as requested when you click New Topic. We cannot investigate issues based on short description in the forum post, instead debug logs review is almost always required. Thanks!
MVV
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Vavilov

Re: Storage Repository (NAS CIFS share) doesn't show free space correctly after it has been removed from a SCALEOUT repo

Post by MVV »

The issue has been resolved.

The issue is caused by misconfigured NAS storage.