Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Mrtwinklle
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bilal Ahmed

Storeonce connectivity with Veeam by FC

Post by Mrtwinklle »

Hi , my Veeam v10 server is on a Physical machine having all role like VBR , Proxy and Gateway Server , its have ethernet connectivity as well as FC connectivity to AN Fabric, but when i try to add Repository with FC by giving him Storeonce FC identifier, it shows an error, what could be the reason of failure, there is no zoning on SAN Fabric all are on same vlan . Please help to share the solution .
Error OSCLT_ERR_NO-DEVICES_DISCOVRED.Err -1452
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Storeonce connectivity with Veeam by FC

Post by veremin »

According to our forum rules, it's required to include support case ID while posting about technical issues.

Kindly open a ticket with our support team and let us know its ID.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be removed by moderators.

Thanks.
Mrtwinklle
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bilal Ahmed

Post by Mrtwinklle »

But i didn't see any post with case ID as you said, everyone posting without support ID and discussing the solution here .
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please make sure you're explicitly specifying the gateway server (basically your backup server), this is required for FC connectivity. Also, make sure it has access to StoreOnce over FC and you select the 'Use Fibre Channel (FC) connectivity' check box. If everything is configured correctly, please open a case with technical support - it is always required for any technical issue, as mentioned by Vladimir. Everyone posting about technical issues also provides a case ID while it is of course not required if you want to discuss some configuration or best practices-related question or any other topic not requiring deep investigation with logs review. Thanks!
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

It depends on the topic, general discussions, feature requests and such require no case ID. Technical problems require a case ID; in general such topics are better suited for support as they can request the logs and get all details.

Regarding your problem. First of all, no zoning at all is against any best practice and not recommended; you could run into serious problems. From what you write I would suspect that the problem lies in the FC connection. Either the HBA or switch ports aren't configured properly, or your FC switch doesn't support NPIV?